Linguistic journey


The topic I took and the image I drew might not seem entirely exclusive to each other. But yes, I will somehow connect whatever I'm drawing in my tab with my written content- my instincts told me. And yes, I understood when I went deep. See the colors in the image? And similarly, my language learning goes the same way: DIVERSITY. On land, if we have a lot of varying species, we call them biodiversity; we wouldn't say they are abnormal or malfunctioning. Similar to that, having diverging skills and knowing multiple languages in bits isn't weird or incomplete- it's balance. I wouldn't call myself a multilinguist yet, because I'm still on the journey. Colorful flowers of different varieties come from the same land, and so colorful languages of different communities come from the same intent: to communicate, to express, to help, to share love and harmony. And so, experiencing many languages in a way provides a chance to explore your horizons.

And I'll start from where this journey began. I was merely a student of this Indian education system who could grasp whatever she studied and was very much interested in science and maths. I'm talking about it from schooling before maturation, but you know what our system does? SUPPRESS the ones that grow. Maybe that's a universal intention naturally, too, to test whether such people are worthy or not.

What does suppression with maths and science learning have to do with nature? For a person who studies under the sky, both of them aren't separate. I saw science in nature; that's why I started learning well rather than just liking formulas working out for fun. Not in a way I couldn't explain to people like a teacher or professor, but in the way an occultist or mysticist does. Dr. Stone anime is a PERFECT example of how wonderful science could be taught creatively.

But wait, think of me as a scientist and all? I would never say I deserve it either. I was much more interested in maths & crazy about it. A famous person called Maryam Mirzakhani- yes, I am typing without looking at Google, I loved her works that much, so I remember her name; she cracked deep, invisible puzzles about geometry and the mathematics of surfaces. The daughter of algebra. Even though I knew her through TV media, I felt that it's a universal signaling that deep problem-solving exists. It felt hidden during schooling because it only used to be a competitive memory race. 

Furthermore, Maths is the queen of all sciences, and is a language. Not a subject. Because languages help us process thoughts, math does so more efficiently when done accurately. I used to learn English grammar with math formula progression, but I had many questions about processing Kannada alongside Tamil. Consequently, I used to be very quiet. Yet those are the phases that helped me look at languages in a more efficient way than simply labeling one language as superior and the other as a derivation. My excitement for science led me to love social sciences; that is the first time I got exposed to the term GIS in my tenth grade. I loved geography even though it is complex enough. But history, not exactly for what people did what, but I used to ponder what language each place on earth would have had; I tried foreign language learning apps for the first time. It gave me good relief from those FB scrollings in the past. Yet after feeling bored by repetitive structures, I stopped learning them mechanically just in apps. Correlating them with other languages and observing the way translations work both led me to write journals for myself.

Even though I learned Sanskrit, Hindi, Tamil, and all other such languages through formal education, I took my own journey into learning how they connect to my roots. I am not as fluent in speaking or expressing Sanskrit as I can do with Tamil, but I loved looking into how my matrubhasha, Kannada, holds these beautiful classical structures and connects deeply with nature itself (nature - prakriti - prakrit - hale kannada - kannada). I love exploring these ancient texts and scriptural values because they show how closely people used to live alongside nature-observing, doing, and aligning activities with the environment through systems like Ayurveda or traditional astrology. But what's more important to me? Is it science, or nature, or maths, or the language of trend (English) vs. the language of tradition, or the language of the computer?

Hey, wait, something interesting pops up again: the language of the computer? But these days it's a lot, so many programming languages right? Could such a person of nature, with only a blank-state mind, even understand computers? They only know how to preach to people, nah? Yeah, I even thought the same that I could only be soft-cornered with people and not be hardcore on the web.

At least, I thought to myself to give it a try while entering high school. My father took that ctrl button of that life phase and pressed bio instead of CSE. But until then, I was easy-peasy on Python. I liked how simple it is, wanted to try scripts out of what existed in the textbook. No AI during 2016 to help one write codes actively; that level of craze to do authentic coding was high. Now I don't have those notes. I wasn't angry at my dad for the diversion in path; I thought, "Okay, fine, I'll go through something much more interesting." And yes, most people would've expected zoology, but I'm zero with zoology, how humans work, and what nutrition does. Just slowly learning like a kid. But about botany!?? The botanical nomenclature...? The scientific roots of how they're named? Wait, don't look at it from your perspective of, "Gawk, they don't come into the mouth that easily." That's the beauty of things that exist foreign to us. Like how Indians love foreigners more than Indians, lol, I loved all languages strange to me. But before moving onto other languages, did I really leave out on python? Nope. I'm reconnecting with python slowly through GIS itself which is main for automation. 

Sanskrit and Hindi gave me some craze through studies and even through songs and movies. Tamil connected me with Malayalam. Coimbatore especially connected me often with Kerala without me having too much intention to move there. And such variety of journeys shown me a different path of life which I never expected. Telugu movies, even though overlooked by people for fantasy, have some core parts to them that no other film industry has the courage to give out. I'm really not talking about glamour here; their traditional belief systems have some mystics that are really reflective of nature in some ways.   

It's in the past. People can easily trick me into believing one language is superior, whether it could be Kannada, my birth mother, or Tamil, my rising mother. But somewhere from the corner of the world, there came this language, showing me art moving in life form, saying that life is just an illusion, and we are either the art or the artist- it depends on us. Those movies, songs, and the art life of this entire cosmos... I fell in love with ANIME. Yes, the Japanese language rescued me from whatever I was missing in life. The youngest me wanted to carry a major in the entire art industry, but it didn't exist that clearly back then.   

Not just the art visually rescued my soul, but regarding the language that I was continuing about, I started developing a third-person perspective and looked at how people want to cling to their roots (nothing wrong) but also want to push that onto others. Dominance affects innocence, naturally. DESTRUCT. Everything is an illusion. Why am I still talking to the universe if language is illusive? Because I exist, and something wants me to keep existing despite giving me several life-threatening incidents, accidents & rebirth, and a normal life above all that.   

And that's where the ultimate intersection happened for me: Astrology and GIS.   

Astrology, the study with which time and geographical patterns create lifecycle loops on various creatures; and GIS, needing time and geographical attributes precisely more accurate than anything, made me think: Are we evolving too much only to get back to what we had been doing naturally rather than "normally"?   

The traditional cosmic perspective of astrology laid out patterns long before modern research started mapping. And it is now that we use GIS to observe the exact same flow through satellite maps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of the Gap: Why Nature Disrupts Our Plans to Save Our Souls

Beyond the Crowd: Little Knowledge is Always Dangerous